Changes at our office
Frederick County Pediatrics is committed to the health and safety of all our patients, their parents, our staff and their families. We are closely monitoring and will follow all public health guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the State of Maryland and local health departments. Please note the following changes in our protocols:
As of 5/26/20:
1. ALL patients are still being triaged by our nurses. We will be calling parents before well visits to “pre-screen” and ensure those coming into our office are well. Our office is now separated with well and sick sides. All families arriving for appointments are asked to wait in their car, text when they arrive and wait for a nurse to escort them in.
2. We are still asking families to limit appointments to the patient and one parent, no siblings. The parent that bring the child to the appointment does need to wear a face-covering or face mask. Children under the age of 2 YEARS is not required to wear a face mask per the CDC.
3. We now have telemedicine up and running! We can also see some sick appointments in your vehicle in our parking lot. The nurses will help determine the best appointment type for your child. The providers and nurses will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) during sick visits for their safety and your. Some children say they look like superheros!
4. We are now scheduling well visits and sports physicals for all ages through August. The AAP recommends all children should have their well visits and obtain their vaccines. Please schedule soon to ensure availability for your child’s visit.
5. Until further notice, we are altering our office hours to 9am to 5pm, M-Th, 9-4 F and 9-12 Sat. Please only use the after-hours call for true emergencies.
6. We are not able to offer COVID-19 testing at our office. Please call our office if you are concerned about your child’s symptoms.