Frederick County Pediatrics 2018 Reading Challenge
First off, we want to thank you for taking the time to join us on this awesome year long journey. We have some incredible books, activities and adventures awaiting your children and family.
We created this program to encourage reading in all homes and engagement within families. We hope you enjoy these weekly challenges and have fun with them just as we had fun creating them for you!
How it works:
- Each month is designed to promote a character trait such as empathy, kindness, respect, etc.
- Each week’s book will relate to the monthly theme. All books for each month will be posted in advance in order to give enough time to borrow/buy books from the library or digital platform.
- Books are set up for ages 3-10. Each month we will post a list of 5 chapter books for older children to choose from that correlates with the theme.
- Challenges will be posted every Monday on our website and Facebook page.
- Once your family has read the book and completed the activities, check in with us under hashtag #fcpreadtome. Share with us your pictures, discussion questions and ideas for additional activities.
How to access local library books:
Hoopla, Overdrive and RB Digital are online streaming options for E-Books, follow the link below to access using your library card: https://www.fcpl.org/downloads/audiobooks
November – “Gratitude”
By Olivia Rosewood
The Secret of Saying Thanks
By Douglas Wood
By Linda Glaser
The Growing Tree
By Shel Silverstein
For materials from previous months, view our Reading Challenge Archive: